Saturday, October 31, 2009

Horse Back Riding

Today ... Sasha, Anne, Matt, Alison, Araceli, Kelley, Janneth and I went horseback riding in El Campo. And it was terrifying for some reason. Trust me to get the horse who's the weird one. Good lord. It would walk slowly, nibble the ground, then realize that it was worlds behind the horse behind it (Named Amigo) and the go at a full gallop to catch up. Down a hill. Over rocks. And then it would practically crash into Amigo and I'd have to make it stop by pulling the reigns and then it would flail it's head because it was upset at me telling it to stop. And I hated it. And it foamed at the moth... froth.... lots of foamy white froth which would fly through the air when it would flail it's foaming mouth and land on my arm.

Also we had to go through rivers. 3 of them. I didn't know we were going to do this. And.... every time my horse would decide to chill and just sort of meander down stream a bit. And It was awful. It took ages to get it to get out of the river, and when it did it decided to climb up the river bank at full speed into a branch which was going to hit my head except I blocked it with my arm.

Horses.

OH, but where we road our horses.. it looked just like Bidwell Park. Uncannily like Bidwell Park.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds kinda like my adventure on a horse...I'm with you...not a big fan...

    ReplyDelete